Air Hammer Operator
GENERAL PURPOSE: Set up and utilize air-operated stripping tool to remove waste from printed, die-cut sheets.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Sets up and utilizes air-operated stripping tool.
- Removes scrap board from die-cut sheets.
- Deposits scrap in proper recycling bins.
- Stacks die-cut blanks on skids for gluer operations.
- Exercises care in stacking carton blanks on skids to prevent carton mix-ups.
- Utilizes a manual pallet jack to move skidded stock into position for stripping.
- Maintain a clean and hazard free area at all times.
- Informs the manager when supplies or parts are required.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a valid forklift operator license.
- Must be able to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, procedures and work instructions.
- Must be able to pass a basic reading test.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: