Material Handler - Die Cutting- 1st shift - Indianapolis, IN
2020 Production Dr
Indianapolis, Indiana, 46241
Multi Packaging Solutions a WestRock Company - Printing and Packaging Jobs:
The Printing Industry is healthy and growing! Find your Career in Printing with MPS!
Currently seeking Material Handler (2nd shift) for our Die Cutting Department. Starting Pay $12.00
Full Health Benefits after 30 days of employment!
Set up each operator and press with the required materials for particular product being produced (e.g. paper, inks, etc.) per job ticket and schedule.
How you will impact WestRock
- Reviews job tickets and schedule then organizes and prepares loads for presses.
- Operates aerator effectively.
- Communicates effectively with press crew, materials handlers, and supervisors.
- Follows instructions and works with press crews on the presses when required.
- Breaks down required paper for machine.
- Sets up each machine with materials needed for run.
- Reviews job bag instructions for re-verification.
- Stocks and unstocks loads.
- Maintains assigned areas of the pressroom (e.g. sweeping, emptying trash cans, etc.) as needed.
- Stocks shelves with incoming inventory or ordered items when required.
- Cleans cutting area when required.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have the ability to operate fork truck and electric jack truck.
- Must have the ability to learn how to thin weight stocks handle/jog.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Must have the ability to read micrometers and tape measures.
- Must pass basic reading test.
- Must have strong mathematical skills.
- Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must have basic computer skills (email, word processing, etc.)
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.