Gluer Assistant - Holland, MI
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Gluer Assistant - Holland, MI
13 West Fourth St
Holland, Michigan, 49423
GENERAL PURPOSE: Responsible for loading, catching, and packing cartons on the folder gluer machine while maintaining established quality standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Loads and feeds cartons into the feed station.
• Prints out one label containing job ticket information for each pack-out and places it at the packing station. (i.e. – quantity per case, quantity per roll, how many tiers, etc.)
• Checks with the operator to determine what line item will be run and then brings the job ticket to the warehouse to get the appropriate corrugated released. Brings the corrugated back to the packing station.
• Sets up the packing station and the tape machine to accommodate specific carton sizes.
• Packs cartons into boxes according to the quantities listed on the packing instructions (per the job ticket).
• Responsible for quality inspection of cartons including offset, register, color, scum, gluing, skewing, air hammer damage, and general appearance of cartons. Informs gluer operator or finishing supervisor of quality concerns.
• Pulls random carton samples from each run according to customer specifications.
• Responsible for pulling two flat samples and six glued samples for each item on the job ticket. Also responsible for writing the job ticket number and customer name on each carton and putting them in the MPS sample bin.
• Clears machine and the area within the designated blue clearance line after each carton run and picks up and destroys all foreign cartons. Empties barrels and disposes of scrap corrugated. Removes the last skid from each run with a power hand truck. Signs line clearance paper and checks over all paperwork and labels on the cartons.
• Cleans the machine with an air hose and sweeps the surrounding floor area on a daily basis. (Eye protection and mask required while using air hose.)
• Responsible for timely and accurate completion of all ISO forms and quality checks for each job.
• Performs job duties in accordance with all federal, state, local, and company safety rules.
• Performs other job duties as assigned.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Must pass basic reading test.
• Ability to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
• Must pass color vision test.
• Must pass color hue test.
• Basic personal computer skills.
• Must be able to maintain good attendance.
• Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
• Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.