Pricing Analyst - Hicksville, NY
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Pricing Analyst - Hicksville, NY
325 Duffy Ave
Hicksville, New York, 11801
The Hicksville, NY facility is seeking a Commercial Analyst who will Lead and oversee pricing of commercially sensitive customer projects. Support the Estimating, Sales and site level pricing initiatives by coordinating, monitoring and maintaining pricing requests. Take the Lead on Major Bids and/or Requests for Proposals (RFP) for MPS sites in North America. Implement and oversee improvement initiatives to increase opportunity for margin recovery, cost reduction and profit improvement.
How you will impact WestRock
• Acts as lead person on major customer bids. Interfaces with customers appropriately, including working with a variety of e-sourcing tools.
• Creates and maintains list price structure for all customers; updates in system(s).
• Manages customer cost/price models for the MPS Division.
• Develops cost estimates and recommends pricing, involving appropriate management in the development of estimates and the final price submissions.
• Works with Customers to create/develop customer specific cost/price models.
• Maintains, updates and creates, as needed, estimating price structure /sales agreement templates.
• Serves as the primary contact for the timely review and preparation of sales customer Product Specific Agreements (PSA’s) and notices of price increase and price decrease and contract product removal.
• Collects data, converts estimates into pricing, and develops routine to complex proposals.
• Performs audits on pricing structure for customer accounts to ensure information entered is accurate. Maintains system as required.
• Checks pricing information, tracks investigates and reports on any pricing changes.
• Develops report(s) and implements improvement plans.
• Applies and may lead continuous improvement initiatives to improve the efficiency of internal systems and processes within the division, may include corporate and customer involvement.
• Implements price increases/decreases to stay ahead of raw material price changes.
• Performs other job duties as required.
What you need to succeed
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university preferably in Accounting, Business, or Finance
• Must have knowledge of manufacturing costs and ability to learn and operate complex estimating systems
• Must demonstrate expert knowledge of Excel – along with solid general computer skills (MS Office, internet, email, etc.)
• Must demonstrate strong analytic skills
• Must occasionally work directly with customers, exhibiting a professional demeanor at all times
• Must have the ability to read and write instructions and correspondence
• Highly organized with great attention to detail and excellent time management skills
• Must have the ability to effectively present contracts related information and respond to questions from pricing
• Must be able to perform essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.