Procurement Forester - Tacoma, WA
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Procurement Forester - Tacoma, WA
801 E Portland Ave
Tacoma, Washington, 98421
We are looking for a Procurement Forester to join our Tacoma, WA, Forest Resources team to assist in aggressively managing fiber purchase requirements supporting the overall region objectives to maintain the lowest cost, highest quality fiber sourcing in support of mill’s forecasted needs while maintaining the highest compliance with safety and environmental requirements. This Procurement Forester role will focus on working directly with open market sources to secure pulpwood, softwood chips and fuel to be delivered to the Tacoma Mill. The position will be relied on to support team initiatives, and provide strong customer service to our mill customer.
1. Lead, promote, enhance, and model WestRock’s safety and environmentally-conscious culture.
2. Assist the Region Manager in the executing the annual strategic purchase plan to provide the highest value fiber to the mills across the annual cycle.
3. Assist in the development and lead ground level execution of the tactical plans supporting the annual strategy built on mill requirements, solid analysis, and robust understanding of market data including proactively capturing pertinent market data, evaluate relevance to region strategy, identify cost savings opportunities, and provide feedback and options to the Region Manager for decision making.
4. Work with members of the mills management teams in the execution of the fiber supply plan with precision and a high sense of urgency, remaining flexible to adjust strategy and tactics given changes in market conditions and/or mill operations to sustain the highest value fiber to the mills across the annual cycle.
5. Effectively evaluate fiber opportunities and successfully negotiate pricing based on true market demands that provide high quality fiber to the mil(s) at lowest possible costs.
6. Communicate effectively with all stakeholders including peers, the fiber procurement team, management, landowners, and suppliers in verbal and written form related to relevant operations, strategies, and status of execution.
7. Assist with all administrative duties associated with all fiber purchases.
8. Assist the Region Manager in the development and reporting of timely and accurate financial information including budgets, forecasts, and projected spending.
9. Represent WestRock in the community by participation in Associations, workshops, and civic and government affairs.
What You Need to Succeed:
Must have 1+ years of Forestry experience
Bachelor’s degree in Forestry
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.