Procurement Forester - Hodge, LA
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Procurement Forester - Hodge, LA
P.O. Box 1710
Hodge, Louisiana, 71247
We are looking for a Procurement Forester to join our Hodge, LA, Forest Resources team to assist in aggressively managing fiber purchase requirements, supporting the overall region objectives to maintain the lowest cost, highest quality fiber sourcing in support of mill’s forecasted needs while maintaining the highest compliance with safety and environmental requirements. This Procurement Forester role will work with external fiber suppliers to secure delivered volumes of pulpwood, chips and fuel to the Evadale mill system to defined annual targets. The position will be relied on principally to identify and develop fiber supply but will also be expected to mentor and develop associates, lead and develop support team initiatives, and provide strong customer service to our mill customer.
1. Lead, promote, enhance, and model WestRock’s safety and environmentally-conscious culture.
2. Assist the Area Manager in the executing the annual strategic purchase plan to provide the highest value fiber to the digester across the annual cycle by identify and developing fiber sources and ensuring a consistent supply of targeted levels of delivered fiber through external purchases.
3. Assist in the development of the tactical plans supporting the annual strategy to deliver on mill requirements. Lead the ground level execution of the tactical plans. Preferred candidates will be able to demonstrate robust understanding of market data including the preparation of business strategy recommendations by proactively capturing pertinent market data, evaluating relevance to region strategy, identifying cost savings opportunities, and providing feedback and options to the Area Manager for decision making.
4. Work with other members of the regional team in the execution of the fiber supply plan with precision and a high sense of urgency, remaining flexible to adjust strategy and tactics given changes in market conditions and/or mill operations to sustain the highest value fiber to the digester across the annual cycle.
5. Effectively evaluate delivered fiber opportunities and successfully negotiate pricing based on true market demands that provide high quality fiber to the digester at lowest possible costs.
6. Communicate effectively with all stakeholders including peers, the fiber procurement team, management, landowners, and suppliers in verbal and written form related to relevant operations, strategies, and status of execution.
7. Assist the Area Manager in the development and reporting of timely and accurate financial information including budgets, forecasts, and projected spending.
8. Mentor Associate Forester level staff in regional and procurement operations.
9. Represent WestRock in the community by participation in Associations, workshops, and civic and government affairs.
What You Need to Succeed:
Must have 3+ years of Forestry experience specifically related to working with external logging / fiber supply operations, purchasing timber from open market sources and managing relationships with multiple external logging/fiber supply operations to maintain targeted and consistent delivered fiber.
Bachelor’s degree in Forestry or related field (or 5 years of equivalent Forestry experience in the defined fields above).
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.