About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Assembly Estimating Technician-Winston Salem, NC
8080 North Point Blvd
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, 27106
- Analyze data provided and or compiled from production history to prepare initial cost estimates and price quotes using a standard costing methodology and knowledge of the production process.
- Revise costs/quotes as needed based on information and/or operational changes.
- Coordinate costing information with promotional estimator, sales and pre-production planning.
- Create initial line lay out drawings and update the layouts to include changes made during or after production.
- Conduct time studies on production runs and assist line leaders in evaluating production performance and efficiency.
- Use date from the production history of similar jobs to assist line leaders in increasing production output and efficiencies.
- Maintain a history file for each production job, including line layouts, changes made to cost estimates and price quotes during or after production, standard run times, and other pertinent information learned during the production process.
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with other departments and areas within the Assembly group.
- Responsible for the overall Safety and cleanliness of equipment and area.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Overtime is required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
AAS degree preferred or equivalent experience in Assembly or Estimating.
What you need to succeed:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.