Treasury Lead, Global Treasury and Operations - Luxembourg

Strassen / Luxembourg District / Luxembourg

Treasury Lead, Global Treasury and Operations - Luxembourg


The Treasury Lead will directly report to the Europe & Asia Pacific Treasury Director based in Switzerland and will be responsible for global treasury management activities including global banking structure, daily cash positioning, liquidity management for the global notional cash pool, cash planning and forecasting, regulatory reporting, and internal and external controls.  Additionally, this role will report indirectly to the International Tax Director in the US in assisting with aspects of European tax compliance which shall include supporting the Country-by-Country reporting tax requirements. We expect that you spend approximately 75% of time supporting the Treasury team with the remaining 25% of time spent supporting the Tax team. 

How you will impact WestRock:

  • Provide daily cash positioning support for the global notional cash pool team based in Geneva, Switzerland; Thatcham, United Kingdom; and other treasury teams in U.S., Brazil, and India
  • Work closely with corporate banking service providers on an ongoing basis to solve problems and identify value-added banking solutions
  • Work cross functionally on the various treasury, corporate finance, tax and accounting projects
  • Assist in the administration of various regulatory reporting requirements, Luxembourg legal entity management board meetings, internal and external audit controls
  • Analyze current and future acquisition-related bank products, services, and other potential consolidation activities
  • Provide support for managing the company’s bank technology administration.
  • Provide support of company liquidity through the management of daily cash and debt positioning for all global bank accounts
  • Identify and implement activities that reduce treasury cost and expenses.  Report monthly bank fees.
  • Assist local business operating units with banking services
  • Adhere to all SOX controls, and self-testing for bank account control, debt, FX and derivatives
  • Be capable to serve as a back-up for U.S. Treasury operations and provide support for routine tax reporting requirements

What you need to succeed:

  • Strong technical knowledge of treasury function and at least 4 years of hands-on experience with large multi-national corporate treasury department including cash management or other banking experience
  • Working knowledge of regulatory reporting requirements and willingness to learn more regarding these newly implemented and evolving rules.
  • Experience in understanding of complex transactions and analytics, notional pooling, FX trading, risk management, tax, legal international corporate finance, and capital markets
  • Desire to develop as a professional, commitment to continuous process improvement, and maintaining knowledge of developments in the treasury and banking environments

What we offer:

  • A role on the global Treasury team of one of a most successful Paper and Packaging companies in the world.
  • A career with a company where Integrity, Respect, Accountability, and Excellence are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
  • A position offering with high visibility and frequent interaction with many senior stakeholders from the Finance function and Business

If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!

 

Apply now

Join our Talent Community

See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:

{{alert.msg}}

Or Sign in Socially