Pre-Pricing Specialist - Sioux City, IA
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
The Pre-Pricing Specialist provides strategic and consistent pricing guidance to Business Unit management by using the Pricing Excellence tools and the development of accurate new and revised item estimates for the Corrugated Segment at WestRock. This role provides the following:
- Control point for data accuracy in the estimating and order entry systems
- Accurate depiction of the products requested by customers and the material, manufacturing and service costs required to produce such products
- Local pricing knowledge expert
- Analytical pricing and standard cost profitability support for the Business Unit management team
- Determination, documentation, and communication of margin improvement opportunities
How you will impact WestRock
- Manage and process all requests for quotations (RFQ’s) in a timely basis.
- Identify RFQ data omissions and discrepancies and requiring complete and corrected information from New Item Data Sheets
- Create new item standard cost estimates and any required re-pricing of current items due to changes from original specifications / requirements in Kiwi ESP or changes in manufacturing processes from those that were assumed on an earlier quote
- Use the Pricing Excellence tools to develop and provide pricing guidance for the Business Unit management team.
- Enter data documenting won items or changes to existing items into operating system
- Interprets pricing analytical reports
- Create monthly tracking reports
- Define, document, and communicate margin improvement opportunities
- Possess or strive to possess, a complete and thorough understanding of all manufacturing processes, equipment and equipment limitations.
- Manage e-mail and other methods for estimate and quote requests (RFQ)
- Provide necessary feedback on completeness and accuracy of RFQ request
- Secure Business Unit placement of business and machine routing
- Obtain tooling and farm out costs where required
- Create new item estimates or re-pricing estimates in individual plant / business computer systems
- Correct or adjusting estimates as required.Generate pricing guidance through the use of Pricing Excellence tools and provide to Business Unit management with documentation
- Provide a margin improvement opportunity report to Business Unit management on each bid
- Secure final approved pricing from Business Unit management and ensuring compliance of proper approval authority as defined by Division
- Provide weekly estimation quality checks to Pricing Excellence Development Manager
- Interpret analytical reports on pricing and providing feedback on opportunities and issues to Business Unit management
- Compliance with Company policies on credit terms, rebates, and various service costs.
What you need to succeed
- Champion of and Adapter to Change: Drives innovative business improvements through Pricing Excellence
- Customer Focused: Ensure Business Unit information requirements are accurate and provided on a timely basis. Excels in Customer Service.
- Results Driven: Focuses on the critical core objectives of Pricing Excellence; channels own and others’ energy to consistently deliver results that meet or exceed expectations. Balances immediate and long-term priorities. Inspires Achievement.
- Fosters Teamwork: Builds and maintains relationships across all functions that motivate, guide, and reinforce the performance of all toward goal accomplishments.
- Technical/Functional Excellence: Continually strives for functional and technical expertise in all aspects of the pricing and estimating process – continuous learning and application. Complete and thorough understanding of all manufacturing processes, equipment and equipment limitations. Advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Kiwi ESP, and local business operating system
- Integrative Thinker: Possesses the analytic skill necessary to analyze, manage, and work with large amounts of complex data
- Effective Communicator: Actively listens, analyzes and creates quotes, disseminates information in a timely manner
Education and Experience
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree preferred in one of the following fields: Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Industrial engineering or other math related discipline.
- Relevant work history will be strongly considered in lieu of the above desired degree
- Ideally, the candidate for this position will have a minimum of 5 years of corrugated customer service experience with responsibilities that included product cost estimation. The candidate must have working knowledge of other department operations and production capabilities.
What we offer:
• Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
• Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
• An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
• A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.