Financial Analyst - Richmond, VA
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Financial Analyst - Richmond, VA
501 South 5th St
Richmond, Virginia, 23219-0501
The Consumer Mills Finance team supports the division management and commercial management team in multiple areas, including financial analysis and reporting. This analyst position will be responsible for reporting process improvement and automation as well as consolidating commercial forecast across the globe. Reporting improvements include division, segment and end market sections of the business and will interact with the finance managers of each end market. The financial analyst will report to the Director, Finance – Consumer Virgin Mills and Global Sales but will have exposure to division and segment management.
How you will impact WestRock:
· Support division commercial finance team in reporting improvements and automation
· Partner with end market finance team to develop margin improvement analytics
· Lead volume consolidation of sales budget and forecast
· Support the monthly and quarterly financial reporting process
· Partner with segment finance team on reporting improvements and analytics
· Drive special projects throughout the year to develop tools and reports enabling better decision making by management
What you need to succeed:
· Bachelor degree in finance, accounting, economics or business management/administration
· Graduate degree a plus
· 2-5 years of relevant experience
· Team player who exhibits intellectual curiosity
· Analytical thinker who can work through complex systems and ask the right questions
· A creative problem-solver able to deliver “outside the box” solutions
· High attention to detail
· Proficient Microsoft Office skills required – especially Excel
· Knowledge of Hyperion preferred, but not required
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.