Financial Controller - Australasia
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 36,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 240 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Financial Controller - Australasia
- Direct the regular financial processes for the operation including month-end closing, rolling forecast and annual budget, including reporting and analysis of results.
- Analyze operating results and balance sheet elements to ensure a comprehensive analysis of significant variances to enable the discovery of the root cause and enable appropriate decision making and corrective action.
- Help to implement and drive productivity improvements for the business.
- Review and manage cash flow for the Australasian business.
- Ensure balance sheets and P&Ls are fully reconciled by the team and any issues resolved every month.
- Develop and manage strategies to assure effective financial planning and analysis.
- Ensure adequate finance bench strength in place to meet current and future business needs. Provide useful information and recommendations to the operations for decision making as a result of interpretation of the financials.
- Review, approve and/or recommend the course of action on capital investment decisions, including machinery and OPE investment.
- Be a systems champion and develop a greater understanding of the MIS systems within the finance team. Ensure process improvements and tactics to improve the finance operations.
- Ensure compliance with Local GAAP and US GAAP. Liaison and report with all Government Regulatory Fiscal and Administrative Authorities to ensure the company compliance.
- Liaise on legal matters where required.
- Provide financial counsel and serve as a business partner. Be part of the Leadership Team for the Australasian business.
- Oversees audit, treasury, and tax functions.
- Ensure appropriate internal controls in place. Liaise with internal auditors to ensure smooth operations efficiently and effectively.
- Liaise with external auditors during year-end audits and manage internal requirements.
- Manage Australia and New Zealand Finance Teams – mentor and lead and develop training matrices
- Assist with the ongoing integration of North Richmond plant into WestRock business and with the IT systems and legal entity integration.
- Ensure compliance with WestRock Accounting and other policies.
- University degree majoring in Accounting or equivalent.
- CPA (or equivalent).
- Minimum 7 years of Multinational Company financial management, manufacturing plant experience is a must.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, practices and applications, particularly in Australia and New Zealand and preferably USA.
- Knowledge of principles of mathematical and statistical computations.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of cost accounting, budgeting and strategic planning.
- Highly proficient with ERP/MRP systems. Preferred knowledge of JDE, and Hyperion.
- Skill in analyzing and evaluating accounting and internal control methods and financial reports.
- Self-motivated, high-energy strategic thinker with good communication skills and determined to succeed.
- Demonstrated experience in manufacturing operations.
- Demonstrated experience in managing through change.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: