Senior Manager, Pricing Strategy – Sandy Springs, GA
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Title Senior Manager, Pricing – Sandy Springs, GA
The Senior Manager of Pricing is responsible for the development and management of pricing strategies for the vertically integrated operations within our Consumer Segment. The Senior Manager will provide strategic direction and leadership for the company’s initiatives. The Senior Manager will report to the VP of Consumer Pricing and will be based in Sandy Springs, GA.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Trained thinker about our global product and service offerings, markets, supply/demand balance, competitor dynamics, inflationary outlook and sales opportunity pipeline who focuses on reviewing the profitability of our products and finding opportunities to maximize profitability by where and how we play
- Collaborates extensively with pricing business partners to review opportunities to increase profitability through product choices, market focuses, commercial terms and business placement optimization
o Reviews integrated economics stacks of our various converting and paperboard market segments; recommend opportunities to increase profitability
o Analyzes opportunities and trade-offs and makes recommendations to optimize our portfolio of products and machines resulting in increased profitability
· Evaluates and recommends commercial decisions in the context of:
o Sales pipeline of opportunities and their associated value proposition
o WestRock’s value proposition versus competitors’
o WestRock / overall market capacity and associated demand
o WestRock / overall market input cost outlook
o Currency / exchange rate outlook
o Competitor dynamics and response
- Maintains pipeline and profitability of strategic initiatives and makes recommendation for how we should prioritize
- Executes integrated analyses for market entries/expansions, substrate changes, and other ad-hoc requests
- Leads and executes all divisional channel conflict related analysis and activities
- Supports production innovation and new product pricing
- Supports VP of Pricing as needed on Consumer Segment level activities and special projects
What you need to succeed:
- B.A. in finance or economics
- M.B.A. preferred
- Minimum 10 years work experience
- Minimum 4 years consulting experience with pricing exposure
- Skilled at crafting impactful powerpoint presentations
- Extensive excel modeling
- Must be able to excel in a fast-paced, complex, extremely detailed, numerically oriented culture that deploys a matrix organization structure
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, including the ability to effectively present and discuss detailed information and respond to questions from leaders
- Ability to lead through influence
- Travel expected to be up to 20%
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.