WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Sr. Accountant - Norcross, GA
The Sr. Accountant works with the entire Mill Sales and Inventory team providing support for the Corrugated & Consumer groups at WestRock. Responsibilities include all day-to-day accounting operations, ownership of reconciliation and analysis of assigned balance sheet accounts, supporting the timely close of the general ledger, monthly financial reporting and analysis, and monitoring progress and changes to internal controls and process improvement.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure and ensure adherence to all internal controls.
- Responsible for accurate and timely monthly close in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare journal entries, reconciliations, revenue, commission, and expense accruals.
- Prepare and gather supporting documentation and explanations for monthly financial reporting, and analysis for senior management. Interface with controllers in various plants and mills.
- Collaborate with other department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Assist with various internal management reports (for example, cycle count metrics reporting for corrugated mills).
- Assist with quarterly and year-end audits.
What you need to succeed:
- 4-year degree in accounting or related field and equivalent experience.
- Master’s degree or CPA preferred
- 5+ years of professional accounting experience
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, ability to work with limited direction, and taking full ownership of areas of responsibility.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and independent thinker.
- High emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, data analysis, and process innovation.
If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.