Senior Accountant - Norcross, GA
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Senior Accountant - Norcross, GA
The Corrugated Container Accounting team is seeking a Senior Accountant to be located in Norcross, GA. This individual will report to the Assistant Controller Corrugated Container Division and will work closely with Division, Corporate, Business Unit plant personnel and other internal customers.
How you will impact WestRock:
Division Central reporting
Industry report for both U.S. and Canada
Assist in audit process through the preparation of schedules and communications with internal and external auditors
Quarterly and annual reporting requirements
Provide technical accounting expertise related to impairment analysis, equity joint ventures and M&A activities
Work well in a dynamic environment under tight deadlines
Perform special accounting projects as assigned
Provide professional expertise and assistance in the continuous improvement process to enhance transactional processing
Comply with SOX controls and GAAP to ensure a solid internal control environment
What you need to succeed:
- Ability to follow and understand established procedures
- Able to respond quickly to changing demands, processes and updated information
- Has initiative to take action, anticipate potential problems and address them early
- Excellent planning and organization skills. Being able to set priorities and schedule activities effectively to ensure timely completion of tasks and responsibilities
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent written and verbal communications capabilities. Communicate daily with all appropriate customers and personnel; complete reports as required on a timely basis
- Ability to work independently in a professional manner with a team commitment
- Communicate with Business Unit personnel and establish relationships necessary for timely resolution of errors and exceptions
Bachelors Degree in Accounting with 2-4 years of related professional experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
Strong analytical mindset and ability required
Strong organizational and follow-up skills
Ability to work cross functionally with multiple teams in multiple locations
Proficiency in use of Microsoft tools with intermediate to advanced Excel Required
Strong interpersonal skills; excellent written and verbal communications capabilities
Ability to work independently in a professional manner with a team commitment
Demonstrated understanding of GAAP
Strong attention to detail
High comfort level with systems navigation
JD Edwards & Hyperion experience a plus
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.