WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Billing Supervisor - Norcross, GA
The North America Billing Team within the Accounting Operations Group is seeking a Billing Supervisor to oversee billing processes supporting the Corrugated Box Division of WestRock. This individual will supervise a team of 4-6 Billing Specialists and report to the Billing Manager. He or she will work closely with Business Unit plant personnel, Sales and external customers.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Supervise and execute the timely processing and distribution of daily invoicing for multiple facilities using multiple systems. Ensure daily coverage of billing processes, redistributing work as necessary.
- Review team members daily processing results and work assignments.
- Train, develop and assess performance of Billing Specialists.
- Communicate with Business Unit and Sales personnel and establish relationships necessary for timely resolution of errors and exceptions.
- Identify potential invoice problems prior to issuance and drive the correcting action necessary.
- Oversee the implementation, process documentation and execution of special delivery requirements (portal entry, EDI, etc).
- Ensure reconciliation between systems in process and resolve any errors.
- Ensure compliance with SOX processes and support audit requests as needed.
- Be an active part of the recruiting and hiring efforts for the billing team.
- Support team members and resolve any personnel conflicts as needed.
- Ensure training and process documentation is maintained and up to date.
- Assist with other areas and special projects as required.
What you need to succeed:
- Ability to supervise team processing, assess performance and address issues.
- Thorough understanding of the invoicing process and the related financial impacts.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and in person).
- Has initiative to take action, anticipate potential problems and address them early.
- Able to respond quickly to changing demands, processes and updated information.
- Excellent planning and organization skills. Being able to set priorities and schedule activities effectively to ensure timely completion.
- High ethical and performance standards for self and team.
- Performance demonstrates value for quality and constantly strives to do better.
- High School Diploma / Associates or Bachelors Degree a plus
- 5 or more years of applicable experience (invoicing / revenue / general accounting)
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and produce successful results
- Experience with corporate ERP systems, preferably manufacturing systems
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Order entry systems / JD Edwards experience a plus
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans