Assistant Controller - Corrugated Mill Divisional – Norcross, Georgia
Assistant Controller: Corrugated Mill Divisional – Norcross, Georgia
WestRock is seeking to fill an Assistant Controller position to be located in the Norcross, Georgia office. The Assistant Controller position will report to the Controller of Corrugated Mills and work with members of the WestRock Corrugated Mill group, Corporate Accounting, Divisional Accounting Hub, and other support organizations within WestRock. This position is responsible for the proper financial recording and reporting of Mill finished goods inventory and sales activity.
How you will impact WestRock:
Assist in the financial recording and reporting of sales and warehousing activity within the Corrugated Mill group.
Ensure monthly and quarterly compliance with all WestRock accounting policy, review and validate properly functioning internal controls and maintain ledgers in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
Promote a safe and healthy work environment and recommends measures to reduce or eliminate accident and health hazards in compliance with federal, state, local, and corporate regulations.
Responsible for review and approval of journal entries in JD Edwards financial accounting system with proper supporting documentation and reconciliations.
Oversight and review of monthly reconciliation and documentation of assigned balance sheet accounts.
Analysis, review, and recording of sales activity including but not limited to external domestic and export sales, exchange program buys and sales, warehouse movement and aging, finished goods obsolescence review, and various SG&A activity.
Mentoring and leadership of assigned employees, including development and responsibility of group work product.
Generation of finished goods inventory valuation modeling reporting.
Interaction with internal and external auditors during annual walkthrough process as well as quarterly audit procedures and the annual fiscal financial audit activity.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Minimum of ten years of accounting or related experience.
- Commodity sales experience is preferred but not required.
- CPA preferred but not required.
- Experience in paper industry, manufacturing, and cost accounting preferred but not required.
- Proficiency in Excel, JD Edwards, SAP (or other financial systems), Hyperion/Essbase/Smartview, and other reporting and analytical systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent written and verbal communication capabilities
- Developed organization and time management skills with ability to work in a professional team environment.
- Related professional experience or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: