Accountant- Norcross, GA
Accountant- Norcross, GA
Reporting to the Controller, the Accountant will assume the shared role for their Region in the accounting processes in their region. They will assist in maintaining proper internal controls to safeguard assets in their assigned plants. Working with the Controllers, Office Managers and local office staff, the AA will assist in in the month end close, budget/forecasting process, reporting and support of Controllers in day to day functions. Also the AA will be responsible for completion of special requests, reporting, and projects from division and corporate management.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Provide support to Controllers and Office Managers.
- Assist in month-end close.
- Balance Sheet Tracker preparation.
- Fixed Asset administration.
- SOX compliance, audit testing and related reporting.
- Assist in operating and capital budget processes.
- Assist in review of A/R balances and collection process. Monitor credit policy.
- Assist in review and reconciliation of AP balances.
- Plant visits as required to support OMs and operations in the Region.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
What you need to succeed:
- Minimum of two years of accounting experience.
- Prior experience in plant management accounting/finance role required. (Office Manager function preferred)
- Four-year degree in accounting required.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Experience in JDE Edwards, AS400, Hyperion planning/Essbase and Access database a plus.
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.