Staff Accountant - Lansing, MI
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Staff Accountant - Lansing, MI
5800 West Grand River Ave
Lansing, Michigan, 48906
GENERAL PURPOSE: Responsible for performing general ledger accounting, journal entries, account reconciliation, gross margin reporting and management reporting as necessary, and balancing of departmental accounts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Assists in basic accounting functions.
• Performs account reconciliation.
• Performs gross margin reporting.
• Prepares and creates management reporting as needed.
• Balances inter-company accounts.
• Prepares and enters journal entries.
• Maintains accounting analysis schedules.
• Produces accurate monthly reports including income and balance sheets.
• Passes HP interface/problems if necessary.
• Prepares account analysis.
• Passes interfaces and reconciles if needed.
• Performs general ledger maintenance.
• Assists senior finance staff when needed.
• Facilitates year end audit.
• Pulls, files, copies, and maintains journal entry records.
• Prepares and distributes daily sales reports.
• Prepares monthly consolidated sales reporting.
• Performs other job duties as assigned.
• Must have Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university or college in Accounting or related field.
• Accounting internship or related experience preferred.
• Experience in a manufacturing organization preferred.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and in 10 key operation.
• Must be able to relate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
• Must have the ability to read and write complex instructions, correspondence and memos.
• Must be reliable and dependable.
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.