Finance Intern- Lansing, MI
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Finance Intern- Lansing, MI
5800 West Grand River Ave
Lansing, Michigan, 48906
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and
packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000
team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating
and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Performs various administrative functions and assists senior accountants.
· Performs documentation of current processes using flowcharts and other tools.
· Assists in the process of analyzing ways of improving communication and use of technology achieve higher levels of profitability and services.
· Creates and maintains confidential files.
· Enters general journal entries.
· Performs account reconciliations including inter-company accounts.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must be a sophomore or junior pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Must have demonstrated computer skills with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word applications and aptitude to effectively learn company specific accounting and operations systems.
- Must have basic understanding of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Must demonstrate initiative and ability to prioritize workload.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.