Plant Controller - Lanett, Alabama.
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Plant Controller - Lanett, Alabama
WestRock is seeking to fill the Plant Controller position at the Lanett, Alabama Beverage converting facility. The position will report to the Regional Controller of North America Beverage and will work with members of the WestRock Finance organization, Divisional Accounting, Corporate Accounting and other support organizations within WestRock. This position is responsible for the proper financial recording and reporting of the operating facility.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Primary responsibility is to ensure that all staff are trained properly on all WestRock accounting policies and procedures, and to periodically audit these procedures for proper compliance and function.
- Partner with plant personnel to provide value added operational information and analysis for business as requested; Integral player in both plant management and team meetings.
Coordinate monthly close. Oversee all financial activities; including prepare journal entries, recording accruals and inventory. Review financials for accuracy. Discuss key variances from prior year and budget with operational management, finance and division accounting.
Prepare reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts reinforced by concise, accurate support.
- Monitor inventory cost reports daily and research/adjust as needed. Monitor production reports daily and research/adjust as needed.
- Update standard costs at least annually. Maintain standard cost between updates. Assist with design and implementation of a new production and costing system as needed.
- Ensure Inventory cycle count policy is followed. Oversee physical counts of materials, WIP inventory and finished goods. Ensure any adjustments to perpetual records (quantity and dollar values) are performed accurately and timely.
- Review all purchase orders, contracts, commitments for proper accounting and reasonable purposes that the plant has in place or is considering.
- Coordinate and administer operating and capital budget/forecast processes. Provide budget/forecast vs. actual explanations as required.
- Prepare estimates to price new business, cost containment analysis, other profitability analysis as directed by the General Manager.
- Promote a safe and healthy work environment and recommends measures to reduce or eliminate accident and health hazards in compliance with federal, state, local, and corporate regulations.
- Oversight and review of monthly reconciliation and documentation of assigned balance sheet accounts.
- Mentoring and leadership of assigned employees, including development and responsibility of group work product.
- Interaction with internal and external auditors during annual walkthrough process as well as quarterly audit procedures and the annual fiscal financial audit activity.
What you need to succeed:
- Minimum of five years of experience in a manufacturing plant management accounting role, including month-end closing experience.
- Four-year degree in accounting.
- CPA preferred, but not required
- Proficiency in Excel. Experience in JDE Edwards and Hyperion Planning/Essbase a plus.
- Ability to work independently in a professional manner with a team commitment
- Self-motivated, takes initiative; Strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent written and verbal communications capabilities; Proven analytical aptitude
- Financial accounting, internal controls and budgeting/forecasting are required, while cost accounting or standard cost experience in a manufacturing environment are preferred
- Familiarity with SOX 404 compliance requirements
- Related professional experience or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.