Shared Services Senior Manager Finance and Accounting
Shared Services Senior Manager Finance and Accounting - Krakow, Poland
This position will report to the Vice President – Business Controllership and be responsible for leading a team of approximately 17 individuals responsible for various transaction processing and accounting functions for the Company’s European Beverage operations. This position will partner closely with the Beverage Europe Controller, plant accounting, finance and operational teams to provide accounting support. This position will also be responsible for ensuring that the Company’s SOX and other internal control requirements are met. In addition, this position will be responsible for driving process improvements which will increase efficiencies and ultimately lower costs.
How you will impact WestRock:
- The team is responsible for transactional accounting functions such as:
- Cash applications for the Beverage European plants.
- Processing of all freight invoices and the calculation of a month-end accrual.
- Processing of non-PO accounts payable vouchers and month-end accruals.
- Processing of three-way match transactions in various financial platforms and related month-end accruals.
- Reconciliation of intercompany balances and management of confirmation process.
- Processing of payment runs across various entities and banks.
- Preparation of VAT returns in collaboration with the accounting teams in the Beverage European plants
- GL functions for specific legal entities including intercompany billings, payroll accruals, balance sheet reconciliations and statutory audits
- Support the implementation of JDE 9.1 financial platform in Europe.
- Drive process improvement initiatives related to accounts receivable, accounts payable, and freight payments.
- Ensure that US GAAP and local statutory financial statements are accurately prepared in accordance with Company and applicable accounting policy.
What you need to succeed:
- Chartered Accountant, CPA or equivalent accounting certification is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting. MBA / Master’s degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
- 10+ years of related accounting experience with a concentration in leading transactional accounting teams.
- Proficiency in US GAAP and IFRS required.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Multi-lingual including proficiency in English and Polish
- Must be willing to travel within Europe and to Atlanta as necessary.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic, changing, and collaborative environment.
- Prior experience working in a European operation of a US based corporation desired.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
- Private Medical Services in LuxMed with preferential rates for additional family members
- Life insurance in AXA, with preferential rates for additional family members
- MultiSport Card
- Cinema tickets
- One additional leave day every 3rd work anniversary
- Office fruit bowl
- Convenient public transport and a free parking space
Please include into your application following consent, thank you:
Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych dla potrzeb niezbędnych do realizacji procesu rekrutacji (zgodnie z Ustawą z dnia 29.08.1997 roku o Ochronie Danych Osobowych; (tekst jednolity: Dz.U. z 2015r., poz. 2135).
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: