WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Accounting Clerk - Eaton, IN
The Accounting Clerk will report to the Controller of Eaton Mill and will work closely with the local business team at the Eaton Mill to provide administrative support of accounting functions, payroll operations and related administrative duties to maximize efficiency and maintain compliance to corporate policies and procedures as well as federal, state and local laws.
How you will impact WestRock:
- General Accounting responsibilities to include data analysis, metrics tracking, month-end reporting, reconciling Bill of Lading slips with manifest documentation for outbound freight, preparing for and participating in financial audits, perform AP processes, contact departments and outside agencies to resolve problems, and assist in other accounting duties as assigned.
- Coordinates and submits PCard transactions for the mill.
- Administration of Kronos timekeeping system and payroll operations for the facility.
- Administration of Labor Contract provisions.
- Oversee and operate the switchboard for the facility.
- Maintain tracking and oversight of shipments and billing to customers.
- Supports the collection of data for various reporting needs of the mill.
- Establishes and maintains procedures to ensure mill accounts are balanced and reconciled on a monthly basis.
What you need to succeed:
- Ability to follow and understand established procedures
- Able to respond quickly to changing demands, processes and updated information
- Has initiative to take action, anticipate potential problems and address them early
- Excellent planning and organization skills. Being able to set priorities and schedule activities effectively to ensure timely completion of tasks and responsibilities
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent written and verbal communications capabilities. Communicate daily with all appropriate customers and personnel; complete reports as required on a timely basis
- Ability to work independently in a professional manner with a team commitment
- Assist with other areas as required
- Associates degree in Accounting with 3-5 years of related professional experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Overtime to be worked as required, mandatory at month-end.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft tools with advanced Excel skills required
What we offer:
- A corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety, and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.