WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Collections Representative - Duluth, GA
The collections analyst actively handles a portfolio of customer accounts within the core accounts team. The analyst assists in reducing WestRock’s days sales outstanding (DSO) and resolves all issues slowing or preventing customer payments. The collections representative achieves these responsibilities by conducting business to business collections calls in a professional and courteous manner, and by email/fax communication, to supplement phone calls. The collections representative is ultimately tasked with ensuring the company’s cash flow and risk are maintained at acceptable levels.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Prioritize customer calls and/or discrepancies to be resolved
- Meet and exceed monthly cash flow goals determined by management
- Record detailed notes of all activity related to customer accounts
- Follow-up on previous collections efforts to ensure payments are received as promised
- Obtain and provide invoice copies to customers
- Review orders for creditworthiness
- Recommend accounts for credit review to credit analyst
- Keep management informed of all potential credit risks discovered during collections process
- Interact with plant and sales personnel to obtain necessary information to collect balances
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with all customers within assigned A/R portfolio
- Recommend accounts for write-off, bad-debt reserve, or payment plans
- Provide Cash Applications team with requested information
- Special projects
What you need to succeed:
3+ year’s experience
Experience in JD Edwards preferred
Large company experience preferred
Manufacturing experience a plus
College degree preferred
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.