About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Senior Financial Analyst-Covington, VA
104 East Riverside St
Covington, Virginia, 24426-1238
Performs professional accounting and financial analysis work involving compilation, consolidation, and analysis of financial data. May include any or all of the following: preparation of journal entries; fixed asset or inventory accounting; balance sheet reconciliation; preparation of forecasts or budgets; cost accounting and other related areas. Ability to partner with area managers to identify opportunities and drive performance. Competent to work on all phases of his/her functional area. Operates with substantial latitude and only general supervision.
- Provide analytical support to one or more functional areas of the Covington mill becoming keenly aware of the drivers affecting performance and results and support business partnering and communications improvements.
- Support internal and external audit requirements.
- Become knowledgeable of financial systems and processes and identify Support SAP/JDE mapping, conversion and analysis.
- Analyze the results and communicate the variances versus plan to area managers and the mill leadership team. Understand variances on a year to date and prior year basis.
- Assist in the development of processes and procedures to improve the quality of financial analysis. Drive stronger ownership and accountability of results.
- Be a catalyst for continuous improvement and be comfortable with change.
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining documentation of internal controls applicable to the assigned functional areas. Perform testing periodically and document results. Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and audit requirements.
Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or Engineering, with 5-7 years of related professional experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
What you need to succeed:
- Strong capabilities with Microsoft Office Software Tools specifically Excel.
- SAP, JD Edwards & Hyperion experience a plus demonstrated understanding of GAAP.
- Proven analytical aptitude; ability to work independently in a professional manner with a team commitment.
- Strong organizational skills.
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.