Financial Analyst - Covington, VA
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 36,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 240 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia
If you’re looking for an exciting, entry level job that will allow you to put your personal analytical skills to the test while challenging you to interact with manufacturing personnel, then this position may be for you. It will be your job to provide support to the financial team for one of our operating assets.
Analyst role at location with approximately $1.1B annual sales.
How you will impact WestRock:
• Provide analytical support to the Covington mill by becoming keenly aware of the drivers affecting performance and results.
• Develop detailed budgets in one or more functional areas of the mill.
• Report monthly and quarterly results. Analyze the results and communicate the variances versus plan to supervision and the mill leadership team. Understand variances on a year to date and prior year basis.
• Produce forecasts quarterly and report variances to budget.
• Assist in the development of processes and procedures to improve the quality of financial analysis. Drive stronger ownership and accountability of results.
• Assist in the implementation of “best in class” financial tools, systems and models (e.g. financial reporting, Business warehouse).
• Be responsible for developing and maintaining documentation of internal controls applicable to the assigned functional areas. Perform testing periodically and document results. Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and audit requirements.
• Responsible for assisting corporate tax with Covington site questions.
• Process physical checks in management system.
• Partner with the office of business excellence team to provide financial support as needed.
What you need to succeed:
- BS degree in finance, accounting, economics, business or engineering required. Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- CPA highly preferred
- Strong Analytical and Financial Modeling Capabilities.
- Strong Capabilities with Microsoft Office Software Tools - Specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong Organizational Skills.
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills.
What we offer:
• Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
• Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
• An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
• A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.