EU Financial Controller - Beverage Packaging
Financial Controller, EU Beverage Packaging - based Barcelona (ES), Bristol (UK) or Trier (DE)
This position will report to the Vice President – Business Controllership and be responsible for leading a team of plant-based accountants who are responsible for ensuring the accuracy, completeness, and transparency of the financial statements for the company’s European Beverage operations. This position will partner closely with the finance and operational teams to provide accounting support and will also serve as a central accounting contact point for the Company’s Home Office located in Atlanta. This position will ensure that the monthly, quarterly and annual accounting close process is timely, accurate, and complete. Additionally, this position will be responsible for ensuring that all local statutory financial reporting, including any required local statutory audits, are completed in a timely and accurate basis. This position will also be responsible for ensuring that the Company’s SOX and other internal control requirements are met.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Ensure that US GAAP and local statutory financial statements are accurately prepared in accordance with Company and applicable accounting policy.
- Direct the monthly close process across all European Beverage locations.
- Ensure that all balance sheets across the region are accurate and fully supported.
- Partner with IT and the business on system changes which have an accounting impact.
- Work with corporate accounting, consolidations, and Krakow Shared Services to ensure that all reporting deadlines are met and that intercompany balances are properly recorded and reconciled.
- Work with the corporate tax department to support local tax filings as appropriate.
- Drive standardization of accounting policy and processes across all Beverage EU locations.
- Collaborate with the US-based Beverage division controller on monthly balance sheet reviews and quarterly EY analyses.
What you need to succeed:
- CPA or equivalent accounting certification is preferred.
- Bachelors degree in accounting. MBA / Master’s degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
- 10+ years of related accounting experience.
- Proficiency in US GAAP and IFRS required.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Multi-lingual including proficiency in English.
- Experience in manufacturing and the application of standard costing.
- Must be willing to travel within Europe and to Atlanta as necessary.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic, changing, and collaborative environment.
- Prior experience working in a European operation of a US based corporation desired.
- Proficiency in managing and directing a geographically diverse team.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: