About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Senior Tax Accountant, Tax Compliance – Sandy Springs, GA
Member of the income tax compliance team. Responsible for preparing tax returns and providing on-going support for the tax accounting, planning, and audit teams. Assist compliance manager in completion of tax compliance special projects. Also, provide needed information to the tax planning and controversy groups for a broad range of planning projects. Serve on an “as needed” basis as a representative from the tax compliance group at tax department meetings.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Preparation of corporate income and franchise and partnership tax returns including coordinating, gathering and analyzing supporting data from internal and external resources.
- Assist with developing audit ready files to support current year returns; provide IRS and state audit assistance as requested
- Assist in the quarter-end and year-end tax accounting reporting process.
- Assist manager with managing and maintaining the processes and systems of income tax compliance which includes estimated payments, cash tax forecasts, extensions, etc.
- Assist in gathering tax information to help support the tax planning and audit teams.
- Complete tax return compliance and SOX requirements prior to deadlines.
- Effective team member and representative to personnel in other tax areas.
- Assist with current tax return process update to be completed by year end.
What you need to succeed:
- 5 + years corporate tax or public accounting firm experience; large, multistate corporate return experience is a strong plus.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or other financial discipline required: CPA or advanced degree a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively with tax and non-tax professionals.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills for multi-tasking.
- Onesource, JD Edwards, and Hyperion experience preferred.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.