WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Senior Accountant – Consolidations – Atlanta, GA
The Senior Accountant - Consolidations is a key member of the global consolidations and internal reporting team WestRock, an international, $16B revenue company that is continuing to grow and expand. The role has exposure to senior leadership, cross functional teams and significant development opportunities for future roles within WestRock. The consolidations senior accountant is responsible for preparing internal income statement reporting on a monthly basis for the C-suite including WestRock global Results of Operations, adjusted earnings per share (“AEPS”) and consolidation of certain material joint ventures. In addition, the role is heavily involved in process improvement, consolidation tool implementation such as HFM as well as various other monthly and quarterly tasks.
How you will impact WestRock:
•Assist with the month end consolidation process, including but not limited to:
- Preparation of monthly Results of Operations and AEPS Calculation by working with cross functional teams to obtain needed information while meeting the tight deadlines
- Prepare monthly joint venture Consolidation
- Prepare monthly foreign exchange proof validation for over 30 currencies
- Prepare monthly close metrics report deliverable for the VP Corporate Controller and the Chief Accounting Officer
- Prepare various financial schedules, such as OCI reasonableness proof, Late Entry Listing, and CTA rollforward
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations and rollforwards for major accounts including Retained Earnings Transfer, Minority Interest, Deferred Revenue etc.
- Act as Blackline Administrator for the consolidations team to assist global reconciliation process
- Participant in other month end and quarter end closing projects
•Key person to coordinate with the divisional controllers to provide monthly results of operations confirmation and provide commentaries for variance from the forecast
•Assist in development and implementation of consolidation process improvements
• Key member of consolidation tools and process implementation (i.e. HFM implementation)
•Assist in audit process through the preparation of schedules and communications with internal and external auditors
•Maintain proper documentation in lieu of Sarbanes Oxley
•Analyzing financials for significant fluctuations and proper reporting presentation.
•Intercompany revenue elimination is cleared before running the reports for Results of Operations
•Perform special accounting projects as assigned
•Direct interaction with senior leadership
What you need to succeed:
•4-year degree in accounting, CPA or MBA degree preferred
•A sound knowledge and understanding of general ledger structures, equity accounting, P&L reporting, and consolidations
•Minimum of 3-5 years related work experience
•Work well in a dynamic environment under tight deadlines
•Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
•Detail oriented, strong technical, and analytical skills
•Can resolve problems under pressure; enjoys solving complex challenges; is not afraid to take the initiative to get things done.
•Advanced Excel (pivot tables, lookups, macros, etc.) and Access Data Base
•HFM, JD Edwards, Essbase systems and Blackline account reconciliation experiences
•Big 4 experiences preferred
What we offer:
•Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
•Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
•An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
•A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans