Pricing Manager - Atlanta, GA
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Pricing Manager - Atlanta, GA
1000 Abernathy Rd, NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328
Manager, Folding Carton Pricing – Atlanta, Ga
Manager, Folding Carton Pricing owns and advances transfer pricing and price tracking, develops new strategic pricing capabilities and drives critical complex analyses for the Folding Carton business to help drive transformative change and process improvements.
Manager, Folding Carton Pricing is responsible for the advancement, analysis, calculations and communication of transfer pricing, customer-level price tracking and revenue forecasting, contract commercial terms and driving critical complex analyses to support the Folding Carton division’s decision making. This position reports to Director of Folding Carton Pricing and will drive and/or contribute to the development of new pricing capabilities and enhancements, collection and providing business intelligence for data-driven pricing decisions and process improvements. This role requires effective communication and close partnership with stakeholders from multiple functional areas, including leadership.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Owns transfer pricing (TP) between Paperboard and Converting divisions. Responsible for the analysis, calculations, communication and reporting of TP and coordination with paperboard mills, converting plants, and finance. In charge of driving the advancement and improvements of the TP process, including TP introduction to products and divisions that don’t have it. Facilitates internal board pricing on non-TP board products. Trains stakeholders on TP to ensure buy-in and compliance.
- Supports the Contract Administrator for collecting and cataloging customer contracts.
- Reviews and recommends commercial terms and pricing-related contract language, including price change mechanisms.
- Develops price change models and owns the framework for price tracking; provides price change information to Finance for revenue forecasting. Partners with Sales, Customer Service and others as needed to review and drive customer price changes per contract terms.
- Tracks, manages and communicates industry and market indices used in transfer pricing, price reviews and other pricing-related processes.
- Facilitates and leads market commentary for stakeholders in conjunction with the marketing team.
- Supports the RFP process, contract extensions and other pricing/quote requests with advanced and complex analyses as needed.
In partnership with Director and Sr. Director, the Manager will conceptualize, drive or actively participate in, and execute the development of new pricing capabilities and enhancements for best data-driven pricing decisions and pricing process improvements in order to contribute to the company’s financial goals and long-term outlook, including but not limited to below:
· Develop framework and process to collect, track and analyze business intelligence (BI), including competitive, market and customer data. Draw actionable BI insights and organize reporting and communication of such for pricing and other business decision-making and processes
· Establish analytical foundation to develop price guidance per customer and product segmentation, competitive and other business intelligence
· Engage with pricing teams in other divisions to share knowledge and best practices and to work towards process alignment where necessary
· Lead and execute advanced analyses to provide key stakeholders with new strategic insights into pricing
· Continuously review and improve/rationalize RFP and other pricing processes and capabilities to drive better data-driven decisions, increase productivity of the pricing team and others involved in pricing and to most effectively support the pricing strategy and tactics
The Manager is accountable for the following:
· Communicates with supervisor, pricing team and stakeholders pro-actively, timely and clearly regarding work progress, timelines, obstacles, results and challenges
· Understands and communicates the why: ensures to understand why projects, tasks and activities are done and how they are connected to company goals; clearly communicates the “why” to stakeholders to effectively influence them for process change and improvement
· Aligns individual activities and goals with business needs and goals; targets actions to execute effectively; plans and prioritizes work to meet important timelines and stated deadlines
· Earns trust of the team and stakeholders, continuously strives for self-development and helps co-workers
· Partners and works effectively with others in a highly collaborative team environment; recognizes performance of others and celebrates wins
· Ensures complete accuracy of analytical and other work, validates results and output to ensure quality work product, identifies important assumptions, data sources and other information for best fact-based decisions. Takes action and problem solves without prompting when issues arise
· Continuously strives to improve pricing processes and capabilities for the company
· Draws insights and makes recommendations from analyses and shares with supervisor, within team and other stakeholders pro-actively and without prompting
What you need to succeed:
An ideal candidate will have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
· 7+ years of overall work experience
· 5+ years of relevant pricing, analytical and/or financial analysis experience
· 3+ years of relevant B2B environment experience
· High business acumen and experience of effective partnership with key stakeholders
· Experience initiating, building and leading large change initiatives with multiple stakeholders
· Strong analytical mindset and advanced analytical skills and a proven record of building sophisticated pricing models, analytical tools and frameworks in Excel. Advanced Excel skills required
· Experience performing advanced data analysis, articulating and explaining analyses and presenting results to multiple levels within an organization
· Relevant experience in a large manufacturing company with B2B business model, preferably in paper converting industry
· Strong written and verbal communication skills combined with ability to communicate at all levels
· Must be self-directed, self-motivated and a self-starter
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence.
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential.
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.