WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Manager, Tax Reporting - Sandy Springs, GA
We are looking for a Tax Manager to join our team with a primary focus on tax reporting. A successful candidate will join a tax team focused on building a world-class tax department utilizing best in class tools and processes. This candidate will be actively involved in all aspects of our tax accounting process including, but not limited to, preparation and review of annual and quarterly income tax provisions worldwide in accordance with ASC 740, annualized effective tax rate and forecasting analysis and involvement in the preparation of external financial statement disclosures as part of the Company’s SEC filing requirements. This position will also have exposure to work in other areas of corporate taxation, including but not limited to, compliance, transactional and tax planning opportunities. This position will provide the opportunity to work for a dynamic multi-national company with ability to develop best practices, grow tax technical skills and work cross functionally with other departments in the organization.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Interface with Domestic and International Tax Department to research and ensure appropriate execution of tax treatment for complex Domestic and international tax matters
- Monitor ongoing tax legislation and inform management of the potential impacts to the Company.
- Identify and perform analysis in accordance with ASC 740-10 (FIN 48) to ensure reserves for uncertain tax positions are properly accounted for
- Manage the foreign global positions and documentation with respect to valuation allowance positions.
- Identification and implementation of improved controls, procedures and documentation for requirements under Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
Liaison with local country corporate controllers around the world to identify savings opportunities as well as risk exposures and work together
Cross functional development by assisting with tax planning projections, tax audit defense, forecasting, compliance and other areas to tax to continue development as a tax professional
What you need to succeed:
- CPA and/or a master’s degree in Accounting or Taxation
- 5+ years of experience, with significant exposure to tax accounting (ASC 740) within a large US multinational company tax department or with a public accounting firm
- Experience working in other areas of corporate tax, international tax or compliance
- Prior experience working with OneSource Tax Provision software required
- PC proficient with advanced skill in Microsoft Excel and other applications
- Hyperion experience preferred
- Ability to identify and execute process improvement initiatives
- Strong analytical, communication and teamwork skills with an ability to multi-task
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.