WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
The Legal Entity Accounting Manager (International Team) - Sandy Springs, GA
- The Legal Entity Accounting Manager (International Team) will report directly to the Legal Entity Controller to ensure the proper accounting for WestRock’s active M&A&D and restructuring activities; will also provide support as requested to the VP Corporate Controller.
- Understand and document the purpose and ownership structure of all Canadian, Asia-Pac and Latin American legal entities assigned to this role.
- Work with Legal Entity Controller, local controllers, tax and legal department to understand all monthly activity related to foreign legal entities.
- Determine and draft accounting and financial impacts, issues and entries for foreign legal entity M&A&D and restructuring transaction memos.
- Create, record and catalog proper support for accounting step plans for foreign legal entity transactions including M&A&D and restructurings.
- Participate and validate proper accounting for management fee invoicing to legal entities assigned to this role.
- Liaison with local and divisional controllers to confirm and approve all accounting step plan entries from statutory to US GAAP have been properly recorded and reflected in the financial statements.
- Ensure all intercompany agreements and processes related to all foreign legal entities are supported by appropriate legal documentation and are appropriately recorded and monitored.
- Work with the Legal Entity Controller and appropriate division financial leadership, Treasury and Tax departments to monitor all foreign legal entities' financials foreign currency exposure.
- Work with division accounting teams and statutory ledger project leader to understand and assist in the effort to provide standardized local to US GAAP reporting in Hyperion.
- Assist with legal entity financial reviews consisting of consolidating legal entity income statements and balance sheets, variance analysis and management discussion.
- Review and approve journal entry postings and assigned balance sheet reconciliations.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Responsible for continuous improvement and automation of processes across the company to help ensure timely and accurate reporting of results. In this regard he/she must be able to identify and interpret current needs and inefficiencies and to develop solutions and influence other management in the use of new processes or resources
- Responsible for ensuring all SOX requirements for her/his function and role are met: including journal entry review and balance sheet account reconciliations
- The legal entity manager position will have a high capacity for staff development and training and will work in a fast paced environment and requires excellent communication skills and ability to work with a broad number of people and different levels in the organization. This is a key leadership position in the finance organization and has global relationship and influence and a broad area of responsibility
What you need to succeed:
- 5-10 years of progressively more complex roles in various corporate accounting environments that consolidates multiple legal entities; major accounting firm experience a plus;
- Demonstrated experience of independent leadership in accounting, tax, finance or auditing role or projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field from accredited university;
- Active Certified Public Accountant;
- Significant data-mining and business intelligence development experience using JD Edwards/Oracle/PeopleSoft Financial ERP software packages, Hyperion, Essbase, all Microsoft Office packages - especially Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with all employee levels across multiple business units and functional areas.
- Must be able to perform, lead project assignment to completion and lead change in a high exposure, dynamic, and time-sensitive environment.
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.