Financial Audit, Senior - Atlanta, GA
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Financial Audit, Senior - Atlanta, GA
1000 Abernathy Rd, NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328
Execute projects in the Financial Audit area of the Internal Audit department including SOX testing activities, Financial related Internal Audit projects, and External Audit Direct Assistance procedures. After proving yourself in this role, you will be positioned for future growth in other Financial areas of WestRock.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Execute internal audits and special reviews of the Company's finance and accounting policies, procedures, and processes to ensure reliability and integrity of information, proper recording of transactions, safeguarding of assets, compliance with policies and procedures, achievement of operational goals and objectives, and effective and efficient use of resources
- Execute walkthroughs, internal control operating effectiveness testing, and substantive procedures to support the Company's Sarbanes-Oxley 404 Program; document work performed, communicate exceptions/deficiencies, and follow-up with process/control owners on deficiencies
- Work closely with the Company’s external auditor; provide appropriate support to the Company's external auditors in the performance of walkthroughs, as well as internal control/substantive testing
- Support all functional areas of Internal Audit including executing operational audits, plant audits, and regular inventory observations.
- Continuously improve internal audit approaches, tools and methodologies, and productivity; support an internal Quality Assurance and Improvement Program to maintain compliance with The Institute of Internal Auditors’ International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelors Degree (Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, etc.) Required
- MBA Plus
- CPA Required, CIA, CISA, or CFE strongly preferred; certification will be in performance goals until obtained
- 2-5+ years of relevant experience
- Big 4 (Audit or Advisory Services), Public Company Internal Audit, SOX, or Compliance
- Accounting, Auditing, Financial Reporting, COSO, and/or Sarbanes-Oxley
- General Technical skills using: Automated work papers, ACL, Qlickview, Excel, Access, Visio, PowerPoint and Sharepoint
- Able to work multiple projects; develop strategic approach and prioritize with Financial Audit Manager
- Ability to thrive in a team environment working both within the department and on cross-functional teams to solve multi-faceted business issues
- Strong interpersonal, communication, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Approximately 25% travel
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.