About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Process Control Manager - West Point, VA
19th & Main St
West Point, Virginia, 23181
The Process Control Manager supervises the Process Control Department for the WestRock West Point, VA facility. The Process Control Department is staffed with Process Control engineers who are responsible for:
- Maintaining/optimizing DCS Process Control systems throughout the mill.
- Maintaining/optimizing Quality Control Systems on paper machines.
- Maintaining/optimizing Web Inspection Systems on paper machines.
- Leading or supporting product, quality, and cost improvement projects with process control or online product measurement systems.
How You will impact WestRock
- Direct supervisor of all Process Control Systems including the Process Control Department personnel. This also includes establishment and oversight of any 3rd party service agreements and contract personnel.
- Operating budget and cost control responsibility for the department. Works with operations to jointly develop and control budgets for measurement/control hardware and services.
- Oversees/coordinates the following activities for the Process Control Group:
- All safety performance compliance, audits and participation in various proactive safety processes.
- Efforts to maintain reliability and optimize performance of DCS (Distributive Control Systems) throughout the mill, QCS and WIS. In cooperation with the E/I functions within Maintenance, vendors and service providers performs preventative and corrective maintenance on DCS, QCS and WIS.
- Software changes and back-up of software within DCS, QCS and WIS.
- Troubleshooting and monitoring of controls and processes.
- Process Control team member participation in various improvement teams and other optimization efforts. This includes safety, quality, efficiency, cost and organizational effectiveness improvement projects.
- Maintaining required skills inventory and expertise within the department and ensuring that training needs of direct reports are met.
- Supports the department in call duty as skill set/expertise dictates.
What you need to succeed
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field. Five to ten years of supervisory experience in Process Control arena could be considered in lieu of a degree. Paper Industry control, QCS and WIS experience is a plus.
- Fundamental understanding and hands-on experience with process and quality control concepts, equipment and processes in a manufacturing environment.
- Prior supervisory/management/leadership experience over Process Control or online measurement/monitoring technical professionals is desired.
- Be a change agent capable of leadership and proactive thinking that improves individual and team performance and behavior. Strong team skills in various roles – lead, mentor, participant.
- Demonstrated effective organization, time management and communication skills. Ability to balance demands for routine, project and troubleshooting activities for self and coordination for up to 10 direct reports.
- Ability to communicate/coordinate with different levels and multiple departments within the organization. Strong written/verbal communication skills and internal customer focus.
- Demonstrated project management skills. Experience with all phases of capital project scoping and execution is desired.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills with ability to lead team improvement efforts, analyze data and recommend solutions. Experience/training in ISO, Lean Six Sigma, RCA or other structured problem-solving methodologies is a plus.
- Strong computer skills overall along with abilities for statistical, analytical and diagnostic problem-solving skills
- Must be willing to perform in an on-call environment, including weekends and occasional altered work schedules.
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.