About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Mechanical Project Engineer - St. Paul, MN
2250 Wabash AVe
St Paul, Minnesota, 55114
Using the paste from word feature, please insert your position content in this field using the WestRock standard posting format which can be found on the HR resource site: https://westrockco.sharepoint.com/sites/HRResourcesite/TA/Source/SitePages/Home.aspx.
Support engineering and project management of initiatives that upgrade process systems, equipment or facilities involved with the manufacturing of recycled paperboard. This engineering can be in the form of capital or non-capital initiatives. The engineer will participate in the initial assessment to defines scope, provide engineered solutions with costs, write capital project appropriation requests, complete detailed design engineering, select vendors, select contractors, manage the safe and timely execution of project implementation, and provide the necessary follow up to ensure the project goals have been achieved.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Research, collaborate and reconcile project scope options to achieve the most viable desired outcome for all stake holders.
- Write project justifications, design, specify, purchase, install and commission projects safely and consistent with codes and regulatory requirements, on time, and within budget.
- Qualify, secure and manage contractors to ensure the safe, timely, design compliant, and cost effective project execution.
- Provide engineering support to production and maintenance for mill initiatives.
- Other duties as required.
What you need to succeed:
- B. S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 3-5 years related work experience in project engineering, mechanical design, or related discipline, preferably in a paper mill or process manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in the application and use of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Project.
- Ability to perform calculations and analyze results.
- Ability to think creatively and work in a team environment with individuals in operations, maintenance and other cross functional disciplines.
- Ability to communicate with all stake holders in a respectful manner as a team leader.
- Strong knowledge of both mechanical and processing principals.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong leadership, planning, and communications skills.
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence.
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential.
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety, and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.