Process Engineer - Sheldon Springs, VT
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Process Engineer - Sheldon Springs, VT
369 Mill Street
Sheldon Springs, Vermont, 05485
The Process Engineer provides support by recommending and implementing modifications to the processes to optimize production, improve quality and reduce cost. The Process Engineer also provides engineering expertise for conceptual studies, feasibility analysis, process design, start-up, system optimization, and trouble-shooting mill systems. The Process Engineer reports to the Technical Director.
How You will impact WestRock
· Provide technical support on operating parameters and process optimization.
· Continually explores process changes to maximizing throughput, improve product quality and/or reduce operating costs.
· Analyze problems within existing systems utilizing analytical abilities and implementing recommendations for improvement.
· Assists production with troubleshooting quality and operational problems.
· Monitors pertinent quality and operating data.
· Lead all process engineering aspects of capital projects, from front-end conceptual design through successful operation, including start-up, operations training, and post start-up optimization working in conjunction with the plant engineer.
· Manage facility process chemical applications.
· Responsible for managing daily operation of the waste water treatment system
· Backup facility Environmental Coordinator
· Optimization of all processes including water systems, chemical coatings, and other paper mill processes including chemical, mechanical, plant layout, and all other opportunities for efficiency improvement.
· Responsible for executing projects in a safe manner and observing all pertinent laws, codes and policies.
What You need to succeed
· B. S. Degree in Science & Engineering or related degree, or equivalent work experience.
· The candidate should have demonstrated capabilities and at least 5+ years of experience in paper or paperboard or container board manufacturing processes.
· Thorough knowledge of theoretical and practical aspects of the design and/or operation of stock preparation and paper machine equipment is required.
· Duties are performed in an office environment and on jobsites throughout the mill.
· Infrequent travel to attend meetings or training may be required.
· Knowledge of computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and data base applications and graphics to store, organize and analyze department operational data.
· Perform calculations and analyze results.
· Plan, schedule, and organize tasks in order to meet deadlines.
· Analyze and resolve problems
· Interact effectively with all levels of personnel, both hourly and management
· Work well in a team environment.
· Exercise independent and discretionary judgment
· Ability to present and justify projects to plant teams.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.