About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Manager, Process Technology, Metallurgy - Richmond, VA
501 South 5th St
Richmond, Virginia, 23219-0501
This position provides in-depth technical knowledge to optimize mill performance. This position provides advice on material selection, non-destructive inspection and repair methods to maximize the up-time of mill equipment.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Minimize mill equipment downtime.
- Analyze equipment failures that impact employee safety or equipment uptime
- Select appropriate materials and inspection practices for new equipment.
- Provide on-site materials engineering assistance during major mill outages
- Perform failure analysis on components to assist with root-cause problem elimination
- Provide quality assurance reviews on new/replacement equipment
- Develop material selection and inspection specifications for mill equipment
- Facilitate the transfer of Best Practices/Technology between the mills
What you need to succeed:
Good communication skills both written and verbal.
Proficient with computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and SharePoint.
Degree in metallurgical or material science engineering is preferred.
Graduate degree preferred
Professional engineering license is desirable
More than 10 years related work experience
Must be willing to travel as necessary to support mill operations. Typical travel is expected to be 50-60% but may vary. Some weekend and international travel is also required.
Overtime as necessary
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.