Electrical Engineer/Programmer, Orlando, FL
4364 34th St
Orlando, Florida, 32811
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 36,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 240 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Electrical Engineer/Programmer -APS – Orlando, Florida
As the Electrical Engineer/Programmer for APS you will bring your creative skills and expertise to design electrical machine controls for standard and custom packaging machines. You will have the opportunity to provide programming, integration and communication for various PC’s, PLC’s, HMI’s, single and multi-axis servos, VFD’s and related components on standard and custom packaging machines.
How you will impact WestRock:
· Provide standard machinery controls design for solving our customer's packaging needs
· Responsible for accuracy of calculations about electrical and pneumatics required for designing automation mechanisms and equipment
· Create and maintain electrical bills of materials, in a structured format and submit to purchasing and production on the specific equipment
· Research purchased electrical components for adequate sizing and selection of various electrical devices
· By using AutoCAD 2D develop working electrical layout drawings, control cabinet drawings, and pneumatic layout drawings for production and customer usage in component identification
· Assist in cost reduction and quality improvement of the electrical designs for our machinery
· Understand customer's electrical specifications and needs for their packaging operations
· Assist technical writer in creation of machine documentation
· Provide programming for standard equipment upgrades, and all custom packaging machinery
· Participate in start-up and commissioning of machinery in plant and occasionally at customer’s facility
What you need to succeed:
· BSEE preferred or equivalent experience
· Servo motion experience
· Experience in packaging machinery programming
· Proficiency in 2D electrical design and knowledge of standard electrical design and programming practices
· Knowledge in NEC and NFPA 79 standards
· Must be familiar with ControlLogix, CompactLogix and MicroLogix PLC’s, PowerFlex Variable Frequency Drives, Kinetix 5500, 6000, and Ultra3000 servo drives, sercos loop and ethernet communications, associated tag and TCP/IP addressing, and PanelView HMI’s
· Good analytical and mathematical skills
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.