About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Maintenance Reliability Engineer - Jacksonville, FL
9469 Eastport Rd, P. O. Box 26998
Jacksonville, Florida, 32218
The Maintenance Reliability Engineer provides the expertise and leadership to predict, prevent, eliminate, or reduce equipment failures through application of current reliability techniques. Design and implement reliability improvement standards, on-going training and education and equipment modifications to achieve world class maintenance reliability. Provide leadership to the Lubrication and Maintenance Technicians.
How you will impact WestRock:
- The Reliability Engineer will act in both a supervisory and staff capacity to promote and advance the Reliability program across the mill in the following manner:
- Use of equipment failure analyses to reduce maintenance costs.
- Champion the Mill Reliability Reporting Program
- Lead monthly review of area reliability incidents and corrective actions
- Promote and advance the Reliability program across the mill by using equipment failure analyses to overcome repetitive maintenance and repair problems therefore reduce maintenance costs.
- Recommend innovative solutions to increase equipment and facility life and reduce maintenance costs through the analysis of repetitive equipment failures/breakdowns and predictive maintenance analysis reports
- Manage Root Cause Failure Analysis as needed.
- Ensure follow-through, completion and documentation of reliability incidents and corrective actions.
- Review and refine the PM process based on breakdown repair costs, down-time requirements and production losses from individual pieces of equipment.
- Submit recommendations and justification for capital expenditures that support and improve the Reliability Program.
- Supervise 3 – 4 lubrication technicians on a daily basis
- Coordinate vibration analysis program: generate reports on analysis results, and issue work orders for recommended repairs.
- Coordinate mill tank inspection program, manager all tank inspection and repair work.
- Coordinate quarterly oil sampling program and make corrective actions as needed based on analysis results.
- Manage all dryer can NDT inspections on required 5-year cycle.
- Direct the accumulation and maintenance of reliability
- Maintain awareness of advances at other sites that would be of benefit to adopt.
- Enforces plant safety regulations and housekeeping practices and encourages employees to become safety conscious through safety meetings.
What you need to succeed:
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (preferred)
3 – 5 years + of industrial work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Level 2 Vibration Analyst Certification is preferred.
- Knowledge of lubrication and inspection methods
- Problem solving, sense of urgency, customer focus, and team work.
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office and database software.
- Ability to perform project scope definitions, manage a wide variety of technical projects.
- implementation of effective reliability and maintenance improvements associated with practice changes, equipment redesign, upgrades and replacements.
- Comfortable speaking in large groups and delivering training material.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.