About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Senior Electrical Project Engineer - Evadale, TX
1913 Hwy 105 S
Evadale, Texas, 77615
This position manages and supports the implementation of capital projects within the mill as well as supporting the mill electrical reliability and improvement efforts. The position requires strong project management and technical skills to coordinate different disciplines within the Engineering Department, Operations, Maintenance, consulting engineers, and vendors. Primarily, the prospective candidate should have the ability to manage several projects that span multiple engineering disciplines.
How you will impact WestRock
- Perform and or manage all detailed design and construction of approved capital projects with the objective of meeting technical, cost, and safety goals
- Coordinate all factions of projects between engineering disciplines, Operations, and Maintenance Departments
- Perform Engineering studies for capital jobs
- Assist operating departments, as requested, to help resolve various operating problems and /or specify and install new or replacement equipment
- Participate/lead efforts to sustain or improve mill electrical reliability
What you need to succeed
- 10+ years of electrical system operation or design experience, functional understanding of the paper making process, and strong project management skills and technical skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Flexibility to lead projects outside core area of competence
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.