Process Control Engineer - Evadale, TX
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Process Control Engineer - Evadale, TX
1913 Hwy 105 S
Evadale, Texas, 77615
The process Control Engineer functions as an integral team member and leader in the Process Control Systems Support Group for the Evadale Mill. Position reports to Process Control Group Leader and is part or the Production Services support for the mill. Responsibilities include delivering and maintaining reliability of the facility’s process control system.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical or Chemical disciplines preferred)
· 3-5+ years’ experience in process control, QCS or other automation experience to include large-scale upgrades. Paper Industry experience is a plus but is not required.
· Direct experience with Honeywell, Delta V or Metso/Valmet DCS platforms, and associated configuration is a plus.
· Ability to work in a team environment and establish effective working relationships with various disciplines in the mill
· Basic knowledge of networks, switches, PCs, Distributed Control Systems (DCS) and knowledge of various computer software
· Self-driven, strong work ethic, positive attitude
In this role, you will serve as a project technical lead in the development, installation, integration, implementation, maintenance and administration of Evadale's distributed process control system’s hardware, software, and networks. Your performance will directly impact safety/environmental, quality, cost, and productivity results in assigned process areas.
Primary technical responsibilities include:
· Install and configure DCS/PLC network hardware, software and peripheral equipment; troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve server and control system networked devices hardware and software issues.
· Perform facility Control System network administration functions; monitor and add applications, users and devices; run server security procedures and capacity reports.
· Work directly with operations, maintenance and control suppliers to trouble shoot daily production issues, resolve long term stability issues, and establish work procedures to sustain process improvement.
· Work on special projects as directed by Process Control Group Leader.
Related responsibilities include:
· Evolve and execute mill wide control systems upgrade plans while sustaining legacy DCS/PLC system hardware and all supporting software.
· On-going facility capital planning focused on sustaining control systems reliability and upgrade needs.
· Work closely with Operations, Maintenance and other Process Control Engineers to understand and address specific process areas’ control systems challenges and opportunities.
· Deliver and sustain tools required to efficiently insure control system health and control optimization
· Liaison to mill and corporate EIS/MES groups to insure reliable and secure connectivity between Control Systems and business systems.
· Position requires less than 10% travel.
What we offer
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.