Process Engineer - Eaton, IN
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Process Engineer - Eaton, IN
800A South Romy
Eaton, Indiana, 47338
We are seeking a Process Engineer to be located in Eaton, IN. this position would be responsible for small capital projects, maintenance and operations support engineering, developing and implementing new processes and improving existing processes in the plant. Provide daily guidance on operating parameters and process optimization, conduct trials, conceptual studies, feasibility analysis, process design, start-up, system optimization, capital projects and trouble-shooting. This role also includes supporting other functions in the plant, e.g. safety initiatives, project engineering, environmental compliance, and production to meet the plant’s needs and goals. Provide support by recommending and implementing modifications to the process to optimize production, enhance safety, improve quality and reduce cost.
How you will impact WestRock
· Improve the efficiency and cost of operations by working with the Leadership Team and production crews.
· Assist with shutdowns and startups; monitor key process variables; collect and analyze date; develop and implement training systems and monitoring tools; maintain equipment records as needed for process improvement; recommend new chemicals to optimize process; assist with all aspects of capital projects; and conduct trials.
- Assist plant operations by applying an engineering approach to problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Work with hourly and salaried employees to improve mill results.
- Become valued member of the Leadership Team and learn supervisory skills.
- Supporting Safety and Environmental initiatives that keep both employees and the environment protected.
- Performing various evaluations and calculations, e.g. sizing equipment, mass and energy balances, and fluid flows.
- Determine needed improvements to the plant by running trials and interpreting results.
- Drive improvements in safety, quality, plant availability, production rates, and production costs.
- Defining process requirements for new products and plant expansions.
- Developing equipment specifications and installation requirements and ensuring that the equipment is safe and meets the needs of manufacturing.
- Support production engineers, maintenance, and other plant functions when needed, both capital and non-capital jobs.
- Trouble shooting equipment and developing permanent solutions to recurring issues.
What you need to succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or Pulp, Paper Science
- 3-5 years’ industry experience a plus
- Must have drive and excellent work ethic to progress into operations management positions
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills essential.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to effectively interact with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent planning, organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
- Need to possess a strong attention to detail and maintain accurate, timely results
- Proficient computer skills (including MS Office,). Pi and JD Edwards experience is a plus.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.