Project & Process Engineer - Dallas, TX
Dallas / Texas / United States
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Project & Process Engineer - Dallas, TX
1120 East Clarendon Drive
Dallas, Texas, 75203
Reporting to the Sr. Project Engineer, this engineer would primarily be responsible for small capital projects, maintenance and operations support engineering, developing and implementing new processes and improving existing processes in the plant. This role also includes supporting other functions in the plant, e.g. safety initiatives, project engineering, environmental compliance, and production to meet the plant’s needs and goals.
How you will impact WestRock
- Supporting Safety and Environmental initiatives that keep both employees and the environment protected.
- Performing various evaluations and calculations, e.g. sizing equipment, mass and energy balances, and fluid flows.
- Determine needed improvements to the plant by running trials and interpreting results.
- Drive improvements in safety, quality, plant availability, production rates, and production costs.
- Defining process requirements for new products and plant expansions.
- Developing equipment specifications and installation requirements and ensuring that the equipment is safe and meets the needs of manufacturing.
- Support production engineers, maintenance, and other plant functions when needed, both capital and non-capital jobs.
- Act as the liaison between production and maintenance.
- Trouble shooting equipment and developing permanent solutions to recurring issues.
What you need to succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required (preferably Mechanical).
- The ideal person would have 5 – 10 years’ experience
- Excellent technical and engineering skills, communication skills including leading group meetings, multi-tasking, and use of problem solving tools.
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and use problem solving tools.
- Related industrial co-op/intern experience required.
The right candidate would have growth opportunities in their choosing of engineering, operations, or maintenance.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.