About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Packaging Development Engineer - St. Paul, MN
2250 Wabash Ave
St Paul, Minnesota, 55114
The Product Development / Packaging Engineer is responsible for supporting customers and sales teams in areas of material science, packaging technology, process improvement, and innovation. This position assists in developing solutions and value propositions to drive sales growth. Serving as a principle technical representative, the product development engineer works across functional groups, divisions, and manufacturing operations to coordinate the development of packaging solutions.
What you need to succeed:
· Bachelor degree or equivalent industry experience in packaging engineering, packaging design/industrial design, material sciences, or related field.
· Knowledgeable in packaging manufacturing processes and converting supply chain
· Understands functional package testing and application of material analytical testing methods
· Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and drive improvement ideas from concept to implementation
· Effective at managing multiple projects and tasks to meet timelines; strong organization skills
· Ability to effectively collaborate and communicate at all levels of the organization
How you will impact WestRock:
· Drive growth by supporting sales in generating and implementing effective solutions for new and improved packaging and product launches
· Serve as principal technical representative to our sales and customers on packaging materials and technologies that deliver creative solutions to packaging needs
· Ensure development of effective packaging solutions through the application of technical and functional analyses
· Lead productivity and cost improvement projects with customers to ensuring collaboration and alignment between internal and external key stakeholders
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.