Structural Designer –Folding Carton - Norcross, GA
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Structural Designer –Folding Carton - Norcross, GA
Norcross, Georgia, 30071
The Structural Designer is responsible for providing key design and production support to internal and external customers by designing cartons that are used in the packaging of end use consumer products. This position reports directly to the Director of Structural Design.
How You will impact WestRock
- Under general supervision will develop innovative structural designs that are consumer appealing and at the same time cost effective, easy to set-up and structurally sound.
- Creates engineering drawings and specifications for new structural packaging components working with internal and external customers through the development and approval process.
- Ensures projects are completed in a timely manner and according to the provided schedule.
- Works directly with customers (engineering, operations, marketing, procurement, etc.), manufacturing, sales, management, and others to develop winning solutions.
- Investigates and procures all data required to develop a design.
- May have contact with in-house and outside vendors to verify packaging specifications.
- Works proactively to promote teamwork at all levels of the company.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, safety rules, security procedures and instructions.
Ability to Execute: Targets and achieves results, sets and accomplishes challenging goals, prioritizes and manages tasks effectively, maintains an organized system to monitor progress, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets standards and responsibilities, may provide leadership/motivation.
Communication: Clearly exchanges thoughts, ideas, and messages through written, verbal and non-verbal methods that promote an understanding with the target audience. Creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers engaging presentations, shares information and ideas with others in a timely manner, and listens carefully and attentively.
Customer Focused/Satisfaction: For both internal and external customers, builds customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer satisfaction, sets achievable customer expectations, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, ensures commitments to customers are met in a timely manner, and solicits opinions and ideas from customers.
Decision Making/Judgment: Recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information and weighs options, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely and accurate decisions, can make difficult decisions, uses consensus when possible, clearly communicates decisions to others.
Leadership: Leads through change and adversity, makes the tough call when needed, builds consensus when appropriate, motivates and encourages others, holds self and others accountable for performance and achievement of goals, demonstrates integrity of character.
Planning, Prioritizing and Goal Setting: Develops realistic plans, sets goals, aligns plans with company goals, adequately plans for and manages resources, demonstrates strong time management skills, creates contingency plans, coordinates/cooperates with others.
Teamwork: Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team/group to meet goals, volunteers for tasks to achieve team goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere, works well with others
What You need for Success
- Bachelors in packaging design or design engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of packaging design experience
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the Structural Design and Die Tooling processes is required
- Ability to apply the process of design to problem solving and in the development of inventive design solutions
- Motivated - seeking opportunity to apply design skill
- Creative skills and mastery of basic design activity skills such as problem solving, sketching, making of prototypes, technical drawing, and development of visual communication materials
- Ability to present ideas and related work to small – medium groups of people.
- Relevant software applications experience, i.e. Artios CAD
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills
- Customer relationship management and experience
- Project Management
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.