About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Senior Designer - Fernandina Beach, FL
600 North 8th St
Fernandina Beach, Florida, 32034-3321
This opportunity requires understanding of packaging materials, supply chain, and manufacturability of packaging solutions. The ability to work with a team and interpreted and translate customer needs to design that can be manufactured within the Florida Business Unit. Ownership of work is extremely important, and candidates should have a proven record of driving projects and strategic initiatives to their completion. The job location is in Fernandina Beach, Florida
How you will impact WestRock:
- Designing packaging concepts that are manufacturable, cost effective, and provide an elevated customer experience
- Create packaging specifications
- Expertise in paper and corrugated packaging design/ material science
- Understand capabilities of the equipment within the Florida Business Unit
- Work with group of cross functional stakeholders including customers, sales, manufacturing, customer service, graphics, corporate design and suppliers to develop creative solutions that meet customer needs
- Daily interacts with customer to determine packaging design needs
- Provide conceptual structural solutions to meet client objectives
- Work with and through various mixed medium materials to provide solutions.
- Completes routine and complex structural design projects, sometimes under tight time constraints.
- Prepare structural design files for prototypes, mock up and productions
- Maintains project records and generates in accordance with company policy.
- Ensure all customer feedback is promptly communicated.
- Counsel customer on design needs for their product
- Proactively provide creative solution suggestions
- Maintain and manage and effective time management schedule
- Oversee manufacturing trials
- Lead or support cost containment/margin improvement projects for customers and business unit
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you need to succeed:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in corrugated packaging or related field
- Experience in technical packaging design
- Strong written and verbal communications and interpersonal/team skills
- Ability to work independently and excellent problem-solving skills is a must
- Experience with ArtiosCAD and prototyping capabilities
- Understanding packaging manufacturing concepts and processes
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage multiple complex projects at one time
Preferred Qualifications (not required):
- Knowledge in Packaging for E-commerce
- Bachelor’s degree in packaging, engineering, material science, or industrial design
- Passion for sustainability
- Prototyping experience
- Knowledge and experience with various substrates such as folding cartons, corrugated, design, flexible packaging, and prototyping
- Ability to travel up to 10%
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities across enterprise system
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.