The Merchandising Display in Etobicoke, Ontario is seeking a Structural Designer that will be responsible for developing innovative, cost effective and structurally sound point of point of purchase displays and merchandising solutions.
How will you impact WestRock:
- Interact with Account Executives and customers to ascertain design needs and objectives
- Ideation/concept development for existing and new clients; prototype development
- Work collaboratively with Graphic Designers, Design Manager, and Sales to develop customer programs
- Convey concepts with quick sketches (fast and fluid), and CAD (Artios) visualization
- Produce samples and mock ups using various techniques and skills such as Drafting (2D/3D), Foam Core model making, various knife tools and cutting tables (Konsberg/DataTech Tables); create promotional materials
- Responsible for project development record keeping, file naming/part numbering, utilizing project management system
- Develop Bill of Material (BOM), POG, Specifications, Palletization, Cape-Tops
- Use retail environment awareness and knowledge of specifications and guidelines
- Communicate development path to Account Executives and customers as needed
- Participate in or lead project review meetings with Sales, Project management and other designers
- Assist with presentation of abstract ideas, and provide technical support to Sales staff as needed
- Perform Technical Illustration tasks as required i.e., Plan-o-grams, Assembly Instructions, Retail Assembly Instructions, Digital Photography, Illustrator and Photoshop work
- Travel as required, for customer support, training, meetings, and manufacturing and assembly plant support
- Other duties as assigned
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelors Degree in Industrial Design, Packaging Design, Graphic Design or Fine Arts is required
- A minimum of 5 years point of purchase display experience is required
- Good verbal, written and graphics communications skills are required
- Mechanical aptitude, the ability to convey concepts with quick sketches and creative 2D/3D problem solving skills.
- Highly developed sense of aesthetics, print production knowledge, an eye to detail as well as engineering ability and an advanced understanding of how things work.
- Ability to drive projects to completion in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- May require the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- May require the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Proficiency in Artios CAD software, and vector based and pixel based programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Strata, as well as Microsoft Office Suite
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: