Design Assistant Part-time - Dayton, NJ
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Design Assistant Part-time - Dayton, NJ
1 Corn Road
Dayton, New Jersey, 08810
· Assist Senior Designers with preparing samples for customer presentations
· Interact with Account Executives and customers to ascertain packaging design/display design needs and objectives
· Perform a variety of moderately complex to complex design assignments
· Assist with project development record keeping, file name/part numbering, utilizing project management system
· Coordinate with Graphics Department by providing die-lines, machine restrictions, mockups or other required specifications
· Communicate project development path to Account Executives and customers, as needed
· Monday – Friday (25-30 hours per week, flexible start time between 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM, ideal for evening students)
How you will impact WestRock:
· Work alongside Packaging Designers developing new, innovative and appealing designs for packaging and point of purchase displays
· Learn to develop designs to enhance customer products, improve margins, and reduce packaging costs
· Participate in project review meetings with sales, project management and other designers
· This is a great opportunity for students in graphic design, packaging design, or packaging engineering to start a career with a Fortune 500 company
What you need to succeed:
· Bachelor's Degree in graphic design / arts or relevant on-the-job experience is a plus, but we would love to train an eager packaging design or graphic design student
· Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
· Must have CAD experience; knowledge of Artios CAD is highly desired
· Must be proficient in Adobe Illustrator
· A creative thinker with the ability to apply your vision
· An ability to build things with your hands
· Self-starter with an excellent work ethic, able to self-motivate and see projects through independently
· Eager to learn and excited to work in a fast-paced environment
· Comfortable presenting creative concepts and open to receiving creative direction and feedback
· Able to communicate and collaborate with a diverse population
· Comfortable dealing with salespeople, brokers, customers, and buyers
· Interested in learning our industry and starting a career with a Fortune 500 company
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.