Senior Designer - Seattle, WA
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Senior Designer - Seattle, WA
450 East North Avenue
Carol Stream, Illinois, 60188
This opportunity requires understanding of packaging materials, supply chain, and manufacturability of packaging solutions. The ability to work independently and deal with an ambiguous environment is a must. Ownership of work is extremely important, and candidates should have a proven record of driving projects and strategic initiatives to their completion. The job location is in Seattle, Washington.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Designing packaging concepts that are manufacturable, cost effective, and provide an elevated customer experience
- Create packaging specifications
- Expertise in paper and corrugated packaging design/ material science
- Work with group of cross functional stakeholders including designers, brand, operations, procurement, and converting partners to create final packaging solutions
- Work with Sales Representatives and customers to develop creative solutions
- Daily interacts with customer to determine packaging design needs
- Provide conceptual structural solutions to meet client objectives
- Work with and through various mixed medium materials to provide solutions.
- Completes routine and complex structural design projects, sometimes under tight time constraints.
- Prepare structural design files for prototypes, mock up and productions
- Maintains project records and generates in accordance with company policy.
- Ensure all customer feedback is promptly communicated.
- Counsel customer on design needs for their product
- Proactively provide creative solution suggestions
- Maintain and manage and effective time management schedule
- Oversee manufacturing trials
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you need to succeed:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in corrugated packaging or related field
- Experience in technical packaging design
- Strong written and verbal communications and interpersonal/team skills
- Ability to work independently and excellent problem-solving skills is a must
- Experience with ArtiosCAD and prototyping capabilities
- Understanding packaging manufacturing concepts and processes
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage multiple complex projects at one time
Preferred Qualifications (not required):
- Knowledge in Packaging for E-commerce
- Bachelor’s degree in packaging, engineering, material science, or industrial design
- Passion for sustainability
- Prototyping experience
- Knowledge and experience with various substrates such as folding cartons, corrugated, design, flexible packaging, and prototyping
- Ability to travel up to 10%
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.