Junior Carton Designer
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com
For our plant in Yate (Bristol) we are currently looking for a
Junior Carton Designer
Position Highlight: Junior CAD designer creates executes structural carton designs using design software on the computer system. Interacts with customers and sales staff to determine packaging and/or display needs. Also liaises with technical and manufacturing teams to optimise the performance of cartons.
How You Will Impact WestRock
- Working with the Commercial team, to identify, define & interpret customer and/or consumer’s needs and convert these needs into innovative and/or cost-effective packaging solutions compatible with WestRock’s integrated Systems approach and protection of IP
- Cooperates with WestRock’s R&D Department to improve and develop new packaging solutions.
- Makes physical samples for customers including preparing blank samples/digital proof samples.
- Maintains design related documentation, procedures, specifications, and intellectual property.
- Supporting the front-line sales organization in meetings.
- Maintains sample stock supply and keeps inventory records.
- Documents and organizes all sample requests.
- Deciding on the need for integrity tests and providing appropriate reports.
- Cooperating and contributing to best practice projects where involving packaging.
- Generating European Quotation Request data & analysing costs to provide cost effective solutions.
- Acting as key source for packaging expertise for the UK for packaging technology and techniques. - collating and communicating information from the WestRock European carton design network.
- Involvement in activities outside the UK & Ireland are possible where a project takes on a European dimension with multinational customers with or strategic internal projects.
What You Need To Succeed
- Graduate Industrial Design discipline with detailed experience of packaging design
- First experience with design software such as: ArtiosCAD, AutoCAD
- Knowledge of Catia 3D (ideally v6 version) simulation tool would be an advantage.
- Self-motivated and persistent. Ability and desire to listen to customers and identify customers’ needs
- Ability to work with the team and independently –
- Be multi-skilled, technically literate, and creative with a marketing flair
- You have the capability to think and build concepts in 3D and a basic understanding and interest in packaging machinery
- You possess communication & organizational skills
- Be fluent in English
- Willing to travel occasionally as business needs arise
What We Offer
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- Small team, in a comfortable and relaxed working environment
- Free parking space, and convenient links to public transport
- Life Assurance, and Income Protection
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Employee benefit discount vouchers
- Employee Assistance Program
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: