About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Claims Coordinator - West Point, VA
19th & Main St
West Point, Virginia, 23181
Claims Coordinator – West Point, VA
The Quality and Technical area within the WestRock Corrugated Container Division has an opportunity for a Claims Coordinator who has the overall responsibility for processing claims received from our customers for our Containerboard Mills. The position coordinates all activities relating to a claim. from claim initiation, information gathering, investigation, customer credit, product returns, freight claims, records maintenance, and regular communication with customers and various WestRock departments.
How you will impact WestRock:
· Navigate/manage complaints through the claims process.
· Identify potential issues and make decisions as appropriate to the process.
· Ensure compliance with procedures and documentation accuracy.
· Responsible for coordinating product returns and freight claims filing.
· Provide claims related support to various departments to include customer service, sales, and quality/technical.
· Daily communication with customers on status updates as well as answering inquiries relating to issues.
What you need to succeed:
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant studies preferred.
· At least 1+ years of accounting and customer service related work experience.
· In depth experience using MS Excel to include design and maintaining spreadsheets, formulas, and pivot tables.
· 3 years of computer experience with high proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite.
· Professional with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Self-motivated and capable of maintaining a high productivity level with a high attention to detail.
· Analytical thinker who can work through complex issues.
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.